Apapa Iganmu Lcda Chairman, Hon. (Dr). Funmilayo Akande-Mohammed, presenting the Year 2020 Budget to the Apapa Iganmu 4th Legislative Council, at the Apapa Iganmu Lcda secretariat, Gaskiya College Road, on Thursday, May 28, 2020. The budget presentation which was supposed to belimp in the month of March, immediately after the Legislative Council budget retreats was hold back due to the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic influenza.
The Apapa Iganmu Lcda Chairman, Hon. (Dr). Funmilayo Akande-Mohammed on Thursday presented the year 2020 budget proposal to the Apapa Iganmu 4th Legislative Council. The Mayoress, Funmilayo Akande Muhammed presented it with a solemn promise that the budget had been carefully prepared to be all-inclusive and dedicated to complete major ongoing projects in the local government area.
The Chairman said the largest chunks of the 2020 budget has been sepose for capital outlay, while the other parts will be dedicated to recurrent outlay, saying that key projects such as the proposed Primary Health Care Center, Deplorable Roads, Pipe Borne Water among others would be completed. She also has a plan of building an ICT Center for Students that want to embark on research with the best internet services and uninterrupted power supply.
She said from incipience of her administration, some major areas were given priority after careful assessment of the needs of the citizens, adding that such had informed the massive investment in the said sectors which he listed to include security, education, health, Road infrastructure, Pipe Borne Water, skill acquisition and enhanced capacity building and sustainable environment.
During the executive budget retreat held in a remote area in February, the chairman talked extensively about the decline in the IGR for 2019 and her plans to increase the IGR for 2020 which will create more values for the residents and increase taxes and other levies. In preparing this year budget, the Mayoress reiterate her commitments on delivery the dividends of democracy to Apapa Iganmu Residents and promise to touch some roads that has been neglected for so long that seriously need government intervention.
“My emphasis on inclusiveness will continue to be reflected in my regular progress reports of projects we have embarked on with taxpayers’ money for taxpayers’ benefits.” She Reaffirmed.
Itesiwaju Apapa Iganmu Lcda Lojewa Logun!
Media & Publicity.
Apapa Iganmu Local Council Dev Area.
LAND TRANSACTIONS IN LAGOS FULLY GO DIGITAL NEXT YEAR – SANWO-OLU
• Application And Payment For C Of O, Building Plans To Be Done Online
• Governor Addresses Property Investors At LASRERA’s Maiden Real Estate Conference
Beginning from first quarter of next year, all land related transactions in Lagos State will be undertaken online, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu disclosed on Wednesday.
The plan, the Governor said, is to further accelerate the process of getting approvals on land matters and create an enduring business-driven property development market in the State.
Sanwo-Olu made the disclosure at the maiden Real Estate Marketplace Conference and Exhibitions organised by Lagos State Real Estate Regulatory Authority (LASRERA), with the theme: “Unearthing real opportunities in Real Estate.”
The Governor said the State’s Department of Lands had built the required capacity for smooth transition to the online platform, stressing that the plan was already in its final stage.
When the web-based platform is finally launched, there will be no need for applicants seeking for Certificates of Occupancy (C of O), survey and building plan approvals to physically submit paper documents for authorisation. All documentation and payments will be done by applicants from the comfort of their homes.
Sanwo-Olu said the new development would bring about quick turnaround time in land transactions and boost private investors’ confidence in provision of home ownership model that will address deficits in housing.
He said: “We have improved on our GIS solution to accelerating land matters in Lagos. From the first quarter of next year, we will be launching an online platform on which all land transactions will be done. When the project kick-starts next year, there will be one-stop shop for all transactions relating to land, including Governor’s approval on CofO, and building approval by Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
“We have given our commitment on this, because of the need to improve the turnaround time from when people submit their requests for approval and the time the authorisation is completed. We cannot afford to disappoint private investors and applicants seeking real time approval. We are raising our capacity, so that we can respond to the requests and discharge them.”
The Governor charged residents and property developers applying for approvals to stop cutting corners and circumventing the process, stressing that sharp practices would only make it difficult for impatient applicants to get their documents approved.
Sanwo-Olu said his administration was committed to providing mass housing scheme that would address inadequacy in housing, pointing out that the establishment of LASRERA was part of the move to re-build integrity in housing market and gain confidence of private developers working with the Government to realise the State’s housing need.
The Governor also harped on the need for massive regeneration of properties in mainland part of Lagos, charging real estate investors and private developers to divert their investment to rebuilding mainland and redistributing wealth from the business.
He said: “I need to charge the real estate investors that, everybody needs not build in Sangotedo or Ibeju Lekki. Let us go to mainland and start regeneration of the assets in that part of Lagos. This way, we would be redistributing wealth and creating opportunities for our citizens.
Special Adviser to the Governor on Housing, Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka, said the conference was held with an objective to bring stakeholders in property business in contact with relevant Government agencies and address bottlenecks slowing down property transactions.
She said LASRERA was created with a mandate to bridge the gap of credibility in property business, pointing out that the Government responded to the yearnings of industry players, having realised there were genuine real estate practitioners and property developers, as well as genuine home and property seekers who were desirous of credibility in real estate transactions in Lagos.
Benson-Awoyinka said the regulatory agency, since inception, had set processes in motion to change the negative image of property development business and check malpractices which the sector had faced in the last decades.
She said: “As a Government that is determined to bridge the housing deficit in the State, we are aware of our role in not just the provision of houses, but also create an enabling environment for the private sector working hand in hand to a desired end.
“We are making a renewed appeal to investors in the sector to team up with the State Government to create a home ownership model that will help address the deficits observed in housing market in the State our through Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative in providing mass housing for our people.”
There conference featured exhibitions for home marketing firms, Government and private property developers.
There was also a panel of discussion in which private practitioners, heads of relevant Ministries and agencies provided explanations on housing market can be improved.
LASG, MRA AGREE ON REVIEW OF MAGODO RESIDENTIAL SCHEME II PLAN
- Engages Stakeholders for cooperation
The Lagos State Government and the Magodo Residents Association have reached common grounds on contents of the review of Magodo Residential Scheme II Plan.
After several meetings, the two sides finally agreed to leave the estate as residential with no mixed developments, while those who had converted their uses would be made to revert to stausqou ante.
It was also agreed among others that no development would be tolerated on Magodo wetlands, CMD road would remain mixed use, while the other side of CMD road would be recovered as buffer zone for the Expressway.
Speaking at the Stakeholders’ meeting at the Magodo Community Hall on Friday, the Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr. Idris Salako said that the review of the plan of the medium residential estate was important as it bordered on sustainability of the well-planned residential area for the benefit of all and sundry.
He recalled that the Lagos State Government, as part of its intervention of bridging the housing gap in the State, had created the Magodo Residential Schemes, strictly as medium residential estates, through the New Towns Development Authority (NTDA) which had the mandate to develop residential schemes for different strata of the society.
He says: ” as a Government Scheme, it is a truism that your estate, at inception, had gone through the appropriate planning processes to bequeath a serene, orderly, organised and sustainable environment”
He added that standard partial and sectoral considerations had equally been made, in line with international best practices, while provisions had been made for all necessary services.
Salako decried the unapproved change of the estate plan by residents who had unilaterally and illegally altered their uses to allow offices, religious houses and commercial activities of different types spring up in areas where they are not designated.
” It is discomfiting how the Government vision of accommodating the elites of the society in an ambient environment is gradually supplanted by an unsalutary culture of arbitrariness, which, if care is not taken, may create planning disorder and throw up slumming challenges” he said.
The Commissioner stated that given this background, government must intervene to restore order in line with the planning regulations which stipulates periodic review of estate schemes to meet contemporary needs.
” Given this realisation, the News Town Development Authority has spearheaded a review of the Magodo Residential Scheme II with the sustainability of the estate in mind as the ongoing review is intended to better the lot of residents of scheme and further the realisation of the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda of the Lagos State Government” he said.
He urged stakeholders to volunteer their contributions to the review process and give their total support towards achieving a desirable outcome.
Also on the Government side were the General Manager, Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority, Tpl. funmi Osifuye, General Manager, New Towns Development Authority, Tpl. Kunle Aboyeji and Tpl. Bola Aliu, Director Technical Services, while the MRA BOT Chairman, Chief Owojori, Tpl. Rotimi Abdul, Rev. Akindele and Former Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Tpl. Fransisco Abosede spoke on behalf of the residents.
4th December, 2020
No Money Was Stolen” – Fashola Denies Alleged Illegal Payments In Ministry
Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN
Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has dismissed a report on alleged illegal payments in the erstwhile Ministry of Power, Works and Housing he headed until 2019. The Mnistry of Power is now a standalone ministry led by Saleh Mamman.
In an investigative report published last week, Premium Times had reported that between September and December 2019, a princely ₦4.6 billion was illegally paid into the private accounts of some directors and employees of the erstwhile ministry.
The medium reported that the ministry’s payments of monies into private accounts violates chapter 7, section 701 of the financial regulation of the country.
But responding in a statement he personally signed, Fashola described the report as “stupid” and “irresponsible journalism.”
The minister explained that not all government officials have enrolled on the Integrated Payment Platform and Information System (IPPIS).
He said this had led the Directors of Finance and Accounts (DFAs) to obtain approval of the Accountant General of the Federation (AuGF) to pay these monies through the accounts of an approved few who were on the platform.
Fashola noted that those approved then collect the money and disburse to the beneficiaries who sign receipts all of which are retired and available for verification as approved by the AuGF.
He further explained that the move was to ensure that government work was not hampered.
The minister emphasised that no money was stolen or is missing.
“The stupidity of the THOUGHT that a public officer will take such money on a consistent and repeated basis with impunity reveals the mindset of Premium Times about what they can do in such circumstances,” Fashola said.
“The pen writes what the mind thinks. That stupidity is magnified by the thought that the public officer who is trying to steal would be paying the money into his bank account where it can be found.
“The stupidity initially informed my decision not to respond to Premium Times in their latest publication headlined under my Name. It is a continuing line of a series of Attack FASHOLA.
“Regrettably, what Premium Times has done is to damage its reputation as a news medium for those who seek the truth.
“Clearly, no investigation was undertaken in respect of this publication as the report was from “Open Portal.”
“If it was from the Open Portal then there was nothing to hide. If Premium Times had conducted any investigation it will find and report that payments like this occurred in many other ministries and have been a source of concern reported in other media by Compliance Authorities.
“If Premium Times investigated, it would have found and reported that Ministers do not manage accounts and finances of Ministries.
“A little investigation would have shown Premium Times that Directors of Finance and Accounts (DFAs) are those who do this job and they are staff of the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and seconded to the Ministries as part of financial controls.
“If Premium Times investigated it would have found and reported that government in 2007 initiated a payment platform called Integrated Payment Platform and Information System (IPPIS).
“Any well meaning and right thinking member of the public will recall that this administration has been engaging all sectors of Government to fully migrate to the IPPIS platform.
“What has happened is that not all Government Officials who, from time to time, needed to be paid for approved expenses were registered on the platform.
“In order to ensure that government work was not hampered, the DFAs sought and obtained approval of the Accountant General to pay these monies through the Accounts of an Approved few who were on the platform.
“Those so approved then collect the money and disburse to the beneficiaries who sign Receipts all of which are retired and available for verification as approved by the Accountant General.
“The Accountant General has recently issued new guidelines to deal with this process because not all public officials have fully enrolled on IPPIS and the DFAs have the mandate to comply and not FASHOLA.
“In all, no money was stolen or is missing. There is No Smoking Gun to criminalize Fashola.
“If anything has been stolen it is the Trust of the public by Premium Times. I will not believe anything they write again. This is not investigative Journalism. It is Irresponsible Journalism
Transport8 months ago
CEO Primero Transport Services, Fola Tinubu, Speaks On The Increment In BRT Fares
Business2 weeks ago
How Tunde Ayeni Destroyed SkyeBank, Oba Otudeko’s Business Deals with ALCON, Aso Savings, Others
Business2 weeks ago
Union Bank Is Proud To Lead The Charge For Social Impact…..MD, Emeka Emuwa
Brands and Company1 week ago
Dangote completes Nigeria’s longest concrete road
Business2 weeks ago
Deputy Managing Director of UBA Plc purchases additional 3.22 million share
Health2 weeks ago
Kindly Help, That Oyewole David May Live
Brands and Company2 weeks ago
GREATEST COMEBACK OF THE YEAR: AWESOME PRODUCTIONS IS BACK WITH DREADED, GIFTED ALL ROUND ARTISTE, TRISTA
Religion2 weeks ago
Meet The Popular Nigerian Prophet Who Said Donald Trump Will Be Disgraced Seven Days Ago